Bday Cake for Dad






My dearest dad turned 60 last month! I just had to make a birthday cake and let everybody at the party know that he reached the big six- zero, hihihi. 

It was the first time I made a cake like this totally on my own (ok.. with some help of Marlon). I must say it was a lot of work, but fun at the same time. 

We roasted some hazelnuts for the filling, but totally forgot about it. When I remembered I wanted to use them, the halves of the cake were already put together.. So I sprinkled them on the 'outside' of the cake, just underneath the chocolate flavoured fondant. Therefore, the look of this cake is not quite smooth. 

But, I must say, it was delicious!

For the filling I used canned cherries, butter cream and Nutella hazelnut paste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...